Monday, August 12, 2013

Remembrances

Saturday, June 29, Day 67 (cont'd)

My trip to Moses Lake came full circle with a visit to Pioneer Memorial Gardens.  There is a plaque there for my sister Barbara, my mother and father Eugene and Bertha Williams are buried there, and there's a plaque for my Aunt Jim.  I have no relatives that still live in Moses Lake. 

I was relieved to see the cemetery was in much better shape then the last time I was here, and there were some repairs made to stones.  It's a peaceful place and I'm glad I came to pay my respects. 

There has been some turnover in ownership of the cemetery, including a couple that got in a fight and one shot the other as they drove away from the cemetery.  I heard this from a guy I met while I was
visiting my family graves.  He had a knife in his hand to pull up the flower vase, and  as he was talking, he kept waiving it around, inadventently, until I had to back away!  

I remember the last time I visited here.  Our son Chris, who flies C-17's, often did touch and goes on the airstrip here.  John and I stood at the cemetery and watched some C-17's overhead. We knew they weren't Chris, but it was ironic that we got married at the chapel on that Air Base, and then our son used it to train.   Small world! 















No comments:

Post a Comment