Friday, May 3, 2013

Visit with my niece and getting Texas Sandals

Wednesday, May 1, Day Nine

My sister Beverly's daughter, "Little Bev" as we call her, also lives in Houston, so Wednesday, John and I went to visit her.  She is married to Durl and they have three little children -- Blake, and twins Braxton and Olivia.  They live in the suburb called Katy. We had never met the children.

Bev, John and I went out to lunch, then John went off on his own while Bev and I picked up the kids at their pre school.

When we got back to the house, it was play time, and they all went through a multitude of costume changes over the course of the afternoon. It was fun to watch them interact.    Blake wore his  Superman costume most of the time, and Olivia put on her Princess dress.  Braxton wore a cowboy hat at times, but was mostly happy to look and act like a Jock! So, you'll have to indulge me while I show off my great nieces and nephews!

Blake and Braxton

Bev, Braxton, Blake and Olivia (aka Rezzan, Livvie and Sissy)

 Blake's patience and creativity with Legos was terrific! 

Livvie in her Princess Dress


Dad's Home!  This is Durl, who works for Biogen Idec, a company manufacturing drugs for multiple sclerosis. 



Braxton and Olivia coloring at the kitchen table




























Braxton cooling it

Bev and Dixie 

And where did John go?  Cavenders Boot City where he bought what he calls "Texas Sandals!"


Bev and I went to H E B , a great grocery store, and I couldn't resist getting some fresh white Gulf shrimp to cook.  We also got steak, which John cooked out on the grill.  Hey, come to think of it, John and I cooked most of the dinner and Bev and Durl got to enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment